Soy Sauce Chicken with Raisin-Ginger Sauce Soy sauce chicken is a Cantonese style sweet-sticky glazed…
Two ingredients, three recipes! Strawberries plus balsamic vinegar makes a chameleon sweet-tart sauce for:
1)Refreshing no-added-sugar ‘shrub’ mocktail
2)Accompaniment for grilled chicken
3)Ice cream sundae topping.
A shrub is a beverage made with a syrup of fruit, vinegar and sugar, and takes a couple days to develop into the shrub syrup. With this strawberry balsamic sauce, there’s no sugar or stand-time needed. The grilled chicken and ice cream sundae recipes are so simple they need no explanation! Make one or more, you have three to choose from!
Check for this certification seal on bottles of authentic Original Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
which assures the harmonious acidity and balanced flavor of balsamic vinegar for these recipes.
Strawberry Balsamic Sauce
- 2 cups (10 oz) stemmed strawberries
- 2 Tbsp. Original Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
- Blend strawberries and vinegar in a blender or food processor until very smooth. Keep refrigerated up to 4 days.
- Use chilled for mocktail and sundae, or room temperature for chicken.
QUICK SHRUB MOCKTAIL
- Pour 1/3 cup each chilled Strawberry-Balsamic Sauce and seltzer water into a glass. Add ice cubes. Stir and serve immediately.
- Brush four 6-oz. chicken breasts with olive oil. Season with ground cumin, coriander, salt and pepper. Grill (or pan-fry) until 165F in center. Let stand 5 minutes. Slice and place on bed of fresh baby spinach. Drizzle with 2-3 tablespoons room temp Strawberry-Balsamic Sauce. Garnish with pinch of crushed cumin and coriander seeds. Pass additional sauce at table.
ICE CREAM SUNDAE
- Top 1-2 scoops vanilla ice cream with 1/3 cup Strawberry-Balsamic Sauce. Garnish with sliced fresh strawberries. Serve immediately.