- TheKitchn.com is one of my go-to sources for reliable recipes and techniques
- Cooking Light magazine subscription not required
- Fine Cooking magazine subscription not required
- JoyOfBaking how to measure and substitute pan sizes
- Land O Lakes Butter everything you need (and want!) to know about butter!
- King Arthur Flour searchable list of 100’s of ingredients, it’s my first choice for checking weight standards
Food & Equipment Reviews
The Good Housekeeping Institute has done reliable product testing for years. And you don’t need a subscription to access the reviews! While you’re on the site, check Cooking Tools as well.
The USDA website is easy to navigate and has lots of useful, reliable information on food and nutrition topics, programs and a host of USDA publications. For protein, calories, fat, vitamin content of a food, the USDA FoodDataCentral is easy to use.
Choose My Plate (replaced the food pyramid) includes Super Tracker to help plan meals, and track your food choices
Information on food shelf life from several sources, USDA included, all compiled in one place.
More on food safety including emergency preparedness from the USDA /Food Safety and Inspection Service.