Finely diced jalapeno adds a touch of heat to fruit salsa and ice cream. A…
Fruit salsa, chutney – or can it be a sundae topping? Take your pick! It’s ‘golden’ any way you serve it. Sweet-tangy golden raisins and summer fruits – peaches, nectarines, strawberries, apricots, and a zing of crystallized ginger.
I created this fresh fruit salsa as a Sun-Maid ice cream sundae topping or fruit salad. I popped the leftovers in the fridge then forgot about it over the weekend. On Monday, after the fruit macerated further, I thought it looked like chutney. So why not try it with grilled chicken? It’s perfect! The fruits had time to soften and make a chutney-like salsa. I’m adding this one to my grilled chicken repertoire. Let me know if you do!
When freshly made, it’s divine over ice cream or as a simple fruit salad.
Serving suggestions either freshly made or after a day or two in the fridge:
- Breakfast or snack with plain yogurt
- Over vanilla ice cream for a yummy fresh dessert
- Over salt and pepper seasoned grilled chicken or pork
- Dip for salted tortilla chips
Golden Fruit Salsa Chutney
- 3-1/2 cups combination of diced fresh peach, mango, nectarine, apricots, strawberries
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2-3 tbsp finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 tsp honey
- Place the fruit in a bowl. Add crystallized ginger.
- Stir lime juice and honey in a small bowl until honey dissolves. Drizzle over fruit; stir gently. Let stand 10-30 minutes for fruit to lightly macerate and become saucy.