[donotprint]This easy summer salad has been in my repertoire for years. When I brought it…
Making these little birds will keep kids or guests busy until the big bird is sliced! All you need is corn muffins – made from scratch or a mix – and a selection of dried fruit.
Wishing you a wonderful thankful day!
Corn Muffin Turkeys
- 1 pkg 8.5oz cornbread mix
- 1/4 cup raisins
- fresh or dried apples
- dried apricots, prunes, raisins, currants
- peanut butter for ‘glue’
- toothpicks for attaching fruit
- Prepare cornbread batter as package directs.Stir 1/4 cup raisins into batter. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.Bake muffins according to package directions. Cool.* Or add raisins to your favorite cornbread recipe.
- Make two slits in the muffin, one slightly larger for the feathers. For tail feathers, cut strips of apricots and prunes. Pinch ends together. Insert into the larger slit and arrange fan-like, using toothpicks if needed for support. Use a dab of peanut butter to stick a raisin or currant to a fresh or dried apple. Don’t forget to add a thin slice of apricot to the neck for the ‘wattler’!