Recipe by Rita Held Deviled eggs are traditional for Easter (or delicious any time!) and…
Baked Eggs ‘n Toast
If you’re feeling like staying in this weekend (thanks to the current virus concerns) here’s a breakfast or light meal that’s cozy and simple. The basics may be in your pantry – sliced bread, eggs, and fresh spinach or greens. A smidge of any cheese on-hand and a marinara or salsa seals the deal! About 25 minutes in the oven and they’re done. Adjust the recipe for as few or many as you’d like in a 6 or 12-cup muffin tin.
Recipe creation for the Circulon Cookware non-stick muffin pan.
Baked Eggs Florentine
- 6 slices square-shaped bread of choice
- 6 teaspoons butter or olive oil
- 36 fresh spinach leaves
- 6 tbsp fresh spinach, chard leaves or other greens
- 6 medium or large size eggs (large eggs may spill over edge of muffin cups so be sure to grease top of pan)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Use a non-stick coated 6 or 12-cup muffin pan, or coat muffin tin with cooking spray, butter or oil in addition to buttering the bread.
- Spread bread with butter, or brush with olive oil. With buttered side against the inside of the muffin cup, press and tuck each slice firmly into cups. Crust edges will extend above cup.
- Overlap 6 baby spinach leaves or a few torn greens around the inside of the bread cup. Add 1/2 tablespoon Parmesan or other cheese. Crack an egg over the cheese. Sprinkle with another 1/2 tablespoon Parmesan and a generous grind of black pepper.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until eggs are just set or desired doneness. Scoop each egg cup from pan with a silicon spatula. Serve warm or room temperature with marinara sauce or salsa if desired.