I'm lucky St. Patrick's Day inspired a loaf of Raisin Irish Soda Bread in my kitchen. All…
Banana stuffed French toast is super easy to make in this oven-baked recipe. There’s no tricky bread pocket to slice and stuff. Just layer sliced bananas between raisin bread in a casserole dish then drench in a cream cheese custard and bake to a creamy-on-the-inside, crunchy-on-the-outside French toast. Prepare it the night before or a few hours ahead then bake just before serving. With bananas and raisins it’s a double-fruit French Toast ready when you are. Serve with fresh strawberries and a side of bacon or sausage if you like. Pretty and simple for Easter brunch or any day!
Banana Raisin French Toast
- 8 slices Sun-Maid Raisin Bread
- 2 med banana, cut in 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 cup milk
- 4 oz. cream cheese, at room temp or microwave 20 seconds
- 3 1/3 cup granulated sugar or 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- dash of nutmeg and/or cinnamon (optional)
- powdered sugar
- HEAT oven to 350° F. (If baking immediately).
- PLACE four slices of raisin bread in a single layer in a buttered 9-inch square baking dish. Top with bananas and four slices of raisin bread.
- BLEND milk, cream cheese, eggs, sugar, flour, vanilla and nutmeg and cinnamon if using in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- POUR over raisin bread. Let stand 5 minutes or refrigerate overnight.
- BAKE 40 to 45 minutes (50 to 55 minutes if refrigerated) until set and top is toasted. Let stand 10 minutes.
- CUT French toast into diagonal halves and remove with spatula. Dust servings with powdered sugar if desired.
Photo by www.kellyburgoyne.com