Southwest Duck Piadini
Maple Leaf Farms
|12 boneless Maple Leaf Farms Tequila Lime Duck Breasts|
1 quart Prepared creamy ranch salad dressing
1/2 cup Fresh jalapeño pepper, finely chopped.
1/2 cup Fresh cilantro, chopped
12 7-inch sheeted pizza dough
24 Tablespoons Mild Salsa
6 cups Shredded Mozzarella cheese
12 cups Shredded romaine lettuce
6 cups diced tomato
1. Score skin in 1/4'' intervals, making a criss-cross pattern. Cook skin side down in skillet over medium-low heat for approximately 8-12 minutes, or until fat is rendered and skin is crisp and brown. Place breasts in a 400 degree Fahrenheit oven for 3-4 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Remove skin and discard.
3. Thinly slice duck breast, across the grain.
Jalapeño Ranch Preparation:
1. Combine ranch dressing, jalapeño and cilantro. Refrigerate until using.
Piadini Preparation Per Serving:
1. Stretch pizza dough to 9-inch round. Place on cornmeal dusted pizza peel. Spread salsa on dough and top with cheese. Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit 6-8 minutes until crust is golden and cheese is melted.
2. Remove from oven and immediately top with shredded lettuce, tomato and sliced warm or cold duck breast. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons jalapeño ranch dressing.