Asian Caesar Duck Salad
Maple Leaf Farms
Makes 12 salads.
|2 1/4 lb boned, skinned Maple Leaf Farms Peking Style Roast Half Duck|
1 quart Prepared Caesar salad dressing
2 Tablespoons Dark Sesame oil
12 Wonton wrappers
6 quarts Romaine lettuce, torn
3/4 cup Grilled onion, sliced
3/4 cup Shredded Asiago or Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup Sesame seeds
Oil for deep frying
Rendered duck skin strips.
1. Thaw duck in refrigerator overnight.
2. Remove skin and bone. Shred or slice meat into strips. Refrigerate until serving.
1. Follow directions for duck preparation.
2. Stir Caesar dressing and sesame oil together. Refrigerate until using.
3. Cut wonton into 3/8-inch wide strips. Fry 30-60 seconds until light golden brown and crisp. Drain on paper towel. Sprinkle with salt. Store airtight up to 2 days.
4. Per Serving: Toss 2 cups romaine with 1-2 tablespoons dressing, 1 tablespoon green onion and 1 tablespoon cheese. Arrange salad on serving plate, top with 3 ounces sliced duck. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, garnish with wonton strips and a few pieces of rendered duck skin.